These After Dinner Mint Cookies are so good, you are definitely going to want to add them to your Christmas baking list! A soft and chewy mint chocolate cookie with an after dinner mint right in the middle. Yum! Please note, to make these after dinner mint chocolate cookies you need to put your after dinner mints into the freezer the day before you want to make them.
I have done a LOT of cookie making this Christmas. As part of my Christmas gifts this year I’ve made cookie selection boxes. Cute little boxes with a whole load of different cookies inside, including gingerbread men, sugar cookies, sandwiched sprinkle cookies and cherry, chocolate almond cookies (these were my fave). These after dinner mint chocolate cookies didn’t make it to the boxes though as they were all eaten by us!
These are the cookies that were on the counter in my Mini Christmas Home Tour.
I wanted to make a cookie using after dinner mints (such as after eights) because they remind me so much of Christmas as a child. We would get a box of them every year and I loved how they were all in there own little packet!
A couple of tips when making these cookies. You need to freeze the after dinner mints, so be sure to pop them in the freezer the day before you want to bake. The dough was quite a wet dough and I had to flour my hands before moulding each one. Also when they are cooked don’t leave them on the tray to cool too long. You want to move them to a cooling rack as soon as you can, because if any of the mint fondant has leaked out, and you let it cool completely, they will stick to the parchment paper.
So are you going to give them a try? What are your favourite cookies to make at Christmas time? Let me know in the comments section at the very bottom of the page! I love to hear what you think! If you have enjoyed today’s post, and want to get free email updates whenever I share a new post, I’ve added a subscription box underneath the recipe. Merry Christmas everyone!
- 115g butter
- 100g light brown muscovado sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 140g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 18 after dinner mints (such as after eights) (frozen)
- preheat your oven to 180c/160c fan oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your butter and sugars to the bowl of your mixer and mix until combined. Put in the egg and mint extract and mix again.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb and salt and mix into a dough.
- The dough is quite sticky so flour your hands before handling it.
- Get your after dinner mints from the freezer, flouring your hands and taking 1/12 of the dough mould it around the mint so you have a cookie with the mint in the middle.
- Continue to do this until you have 12 cookies. Break the remaining after dinner mints and divide them on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. When they are ready leave them to cool for a couple of minutes then transfer to a cooling rack as soon as possible.
Sign up for free email updates!
Pin After Dinner Mint Cookies to save them for later
Some previous posts you might like to read
You can also find loads more Christmas recipes and ideas on my Christmas | food board on Pinterest
Follow me on my social Media