This post contains affiliate links, find out what that means here.
Salted Caramel is one of my favourite flavours so I definitely had to make some Salted Caramel Cupcakes. Moist little cakes, topped with salted caramel that have a surprise center!
These are amazing! I love cupcakes so much, a perfect little cake just for you.
These are really moist and made with brown sugar to give them a natural caramel flavour. There is salted caramel piped into the center of the cake for that extra delicious surprise when you bite into them. A big swirl of salted caramel buttercream and an extra drizzle of the caramel on top, finishes these amazing little cakes off.
This picture makes me wish that there were some left!
Do you love salted caramel? What is your favourite cupcake flavour? Let me know if you are going to give these cupcakes a try in the comments!
- 175g butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 100g salted caramel
- 150g salted caramel
- preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan oven and add 12 cake cases to a 12 section cupcake/muffin pan.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and the sugar. Then add the eggs and milk and beat again.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, Sift and then fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a cake come out clean. Leave the cakes to cool.
- To make the buttercream add the butter to the bowl of your mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. Turn the mixer down low and gradually add the icing sugar. when it's all combined add the salted caramel and beat for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Get your cooled cupcakes and a small sharp knife and cut a little piece out the top of each cake to make a space for the salted caramel. Spoon the caramel for the filling into the welled out cupcakes keeping back just enough to drizzle on the tops of the cakes.
- Add your buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe some lovely big swirls onto the top of all the cakes. Finish them off by drizzling the tops with the caramel you kept back! All done and ready to eat!
If you want to purchase any of my suggested equipment just click on the link images below!
If your cupcakes are going to be a gift, the items below would be perfect! Just click on the images for more info!
Pin Salted Caramel Cupcakes to save them for later!
Check out my Cupcakes! Board on pinterest for lot’s more recipes!