Salted Caramel is one of my favourite flavours so I definitely had to make some Salted Caramel Cupcakes. Moist little cakes, topped with a big swirl of salted caramel buttercream, drizzled with even more salted caramel plus they have a surprise center!
This post contains affiliate links, find out what that means here.
These are amazing! I love the whole idea of cupcakes. A perfect, decorated little cake just for you.
These are made with brown sugar which gives them a natural caramelised flavour. There is salted caramel piped into the center of the cake for that extra delicious surprise when you bite into them. A big swirl of salted caramel buttercream and an extra drizzle of the caramel on top, finishes these amazing little cakes off.
Just look at that oozing caramel! It makes me wish that there were some left! If like me you’re a cupcake fan, you need to take a look at my Very Vanilla Cupcakes, my Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes and my Pumpkin Cupcakes!
Do you love salted caramel? What is your favourite cupcake flavour? You can use shop bought salted caramel to make these cakes but if you want to make it from scratch you can find the recipe here. Let me know if you are going to give these cupcakes a try in the comments!
- 175g (3/4 cups) butter
- 175g (3/4 cups) light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g (1+1/4+1/8 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150g (2/3 cup) butter
- 300g (2 1/2 cups) icing sugar
- 100g (1/3 cup) salted caramel
- 150g (1/3 + 1/8 cup) salted caramel
- preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan oven and add 12 cake cases to a 12 section cupcake/muffin pan.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and the sugar. Then add the eggs and milk and beat again.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, Sift and then fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a cake come out clean. Leave the cakes to cool.
- To make the buttercream add the butter to the bowl of your mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. Turn the mixer down low and gradually add the icing sugar. when it's all combined add the salted caramel and beat for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Get your cooled cupcakes and a small sharp knife and cut a little piece out the top of each cake to make a space for the salted caramel. Spoon the caramel for the filling into the welled out cupcakes keeping back just enough to drizzle on the tops of the cakes.
- Add your buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe some lovely big swirls onto the top of all the cakes. Finish them off by drizzling the tops with the caramel you kept back! All done and ready to eat!
- Please note that I developed this recipe in grams and have converted to cups as best as I can 🙂
Here are my Cupcake making essentials!
Pin Salted Caramel Cupcakes to save them for later!
Check out my Cupcakes! Board on pinterest for lot’s more recipes!